You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 22 replies
and has been read 1.757 times
 Works
pages 1 | 2 | 3
Joe Offline

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:03 pm
#21 RE: KLANG / Letters to Mary Bauermeister reply

I suppose we might do well to keep things in perspective. We are blessed with such a plethora of information about Stockhausen, far more than most artists leave behind. I'd gladly trade half of the Texte for even a fractional increase of the available information about Shakespeare!

Christian Offline

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:42 am
#22 RE: Letters to Mary Bauermeister reply

I feel sorry for Leopoldo Siano, it must be annoying that his work seems to be in vain. And it's always a problem if partners - after the death of their loved ones - claim to know what they would have wanted (and especially what not). It would have been useful if Stockhausen would have decided what can when be published. The famous Swiss author Max Frisch made it in a transparent way: He gave all his unpublished material to an archive espacially dedicated to him and gave clear orders about the different blocking periods. This archive is not lead by persons who were in any personal or intimate touch with him - also a wise decision, I think...

kathinka Offline

Wed May 07, 2014 11:48 am
#23 RE: Letters to Mary Bauermeister reply

Stockhausen did very clearly say what he wanted, and it has by no means been a "personal" decision by Suzanne or me. Stockhausen very clearly has instructed us about his wishes and enthrusted us with his legacy. All material available for study (also mail archive) is in the archive and open for all to study, some very private personal letters are not in the archive but he kept it in his personal home, not wanting these to be public for study.
Every person wanting to publish personal letters have to ask the author (or the right holders) for permission that is very normal so nothing to be sorry about.

pages 1 | 2 | 3
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software