You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 3 replies
and has been read 298 times
 Works
ipar1306 Offline

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:51 pm
LICHT and the richness of its scores reply

First, allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Ian Parsons, I am from Australia, and am new to this forum, having discovered it only a a couple of weeks ago. I have been a huge admirer of Stockhausen's work for many years but have only recently really absorbed myself in the totality of LICHT, despite having followed its gestation over the years from afar. I recently bought all of the scores to LICHT to accompany the recordings which I had bought a couple of years ago and I am staggered at how much more I have discovered in the music of LICHT as a result of the scores - not only because of the opportunity the scores provide to notice things in the music that could so easily otherwise be overlooked, but also because of the massive detail that Stockhausen provided in his notes. What an incredible work this is! I thought I knew it well, but the more I study it, the more closely I listen to it, the more I realise how little I knew it, and how little I know it still. I am looking forward to discussing it with others here as my own journey of discovery into LICHT deepens.

uatu Offline

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:39 pm
#2 RE: LICHT and the richness of its scores reply

Hi Ian! I guess we're both de-lurking at the same time!
Thanks for featuring Stockhausen on your radio show recently (Momente).

ipar1306 Offline

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:22 am
#3 RE: LICHT and the richness of its scores reply

Thanks Ed! Yes, indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed hearing MOMENTE. I actually would have preferred to have broadcast the Europe version from 1972 rather than the Donaueschinger version as interesting and all as that version nevertheless is, but, alas, time was against me!

uatu Offline

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:55 pm
#4 RE: LICHT and the richness of its scores reply

Actually I prefer the 1965 NONESUCH version anyways since that has a very strong nostalgic value for me. I think it was one of the first few Stockhausen records I owned. Then again, 1972 has a much more dramatic, almost regal, opening...

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software