You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 5 replies
and has been read 751 times
 Reviews of texts and concerts
paul-miller Offline

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 pm
TEXTE 11-17 reply

It now appears that the volumes are out, and ready to be ordered online! I can only imagine that the thousands of pages released in these books will spur a great amount of new interest in Stockhausen, as well as oblige many libraries around the world to redistribute their shelving in order to make space for some more linear feet!

As expected, the volumes cover the time from 1991 (where Texte 10 left off) to 2007, and contain the forewords for many scores as well as various concert introductions, lectures, letters and short interviews for magazines (according to Imke Misch's introduction in volume 11). The Texte include information not only pertaining to the LICHT-operas and KLANG cycle but also texts relating to earlier works, from KREUZSPIEL onwards.

From Misch's introduction in volume 11, we learn that a supplementary volume is also planned for sometime in the future.

I can only imagine that this must have taken an immense amount of work to put out, and so many thanks are due to the Kürten team!

Christian Offline

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:15 pm
#2 RE: TEXTE 11-17 reply

Yeah, great thanks to Imke Misch!

Ulrich Offline

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:36 pm
#3 RE: TEXTE 11-17 reply

Three hours ago I got the parcel from Kürten with all the 7 volumes of the new TEXTE and I just turned the pages and read this and that: A very inspiring source, full of information; you encounter many favourite themes of KS, for sure, some obsessions, and some texts that are very very funny. And many nice pictures, as in the previous volumes, for everybody who followed KS in these years much to remember. The texts I read in these few moments all were easy to understand - no hard work as especially in TEXTE I sometimes. So it could be a lecture in summer months, sitting on the balcony, but, as I said, often inspiring and encouraging, opening doors to further understanding. Maybe that could be model for those of us, who are busy writing on the master...(But certainly also very technical approaches have their own value, no doubt) When you are able to read texts in German, it is a good idea to order this big parcel!

Christian Offline

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 pm
#4 RE: TEXTE 11-17 reply

Two days ago I got the big, big parcel, too. And I must say I consider the volumes very interesting and well done. What, however, I miss a little bit are those often funny letters when Stockhausen struggled with politicians, electricity companies etc. A problem for me and my myopia: Some handwritten letters are more difficult to read than in other volumes. I think that Stockhausen's writing got smaller and not so clear any more with the age (or my eyes worse...).

kathinka Offline

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:19 pm
#5 RE: TEXTE 11-17 reply
Adorján Offline

Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 pm
#6 RE: TEXTE 11-17 reply

I´d like to point to a newly published book on Stockhausen.
The author is Ivanka Stoianova, the titel is "Karlheinz Stockhausen: Je suis les sons..." and the publisher and year is Éditions Beauchesne 2014.
I just got this book of around 350 pages and start to read it this weekend. The chapters have as titles: "La composition: une construction de soi", "Découvertes formelles et structures du temps: ...wie die Zeit vergeht...", "Musique spatiale", "La métaphore lumineuse", "Musique scénique", "L´hommage à Eva. Montag aus Licht", "Wagner et Stockhausen". It ends with "Témoignages" de Doris Andreae Stockhausen, Mary Bauermeister, Suzanne Stephens, Kathinka Pasveer.

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software