You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 10 replies
and has been read 267 times
 Reviews of texts and concerts
pages 1 | 2
phillyharp Offline

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 pm
KLANG book reply

For the Philadelphia production of all of KLANG, we put together a book with essays by Paul Miller, Joe Drew, Esther Morgan-Ellis, and Thomas Patteson. It also includes program notes for all of the Hours, pictures, and illustrations. We printed around 100 extras, and we're selling them for $5 here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stockhausen-KLA...rs/153003744592 . We kept the cost as low as possible to make sure anyone who wanted one could have one.

Essays Include:
Music at the Cutting Edge - by Esther Morgan-Ellis
Stockhausen's Theological Evolution - by Joseph Drew
Between Eros and Agape - by Paul Miller
Stockhausen's Systems - by Thomas Patteson
The Spatial Dimension in KLANG - Esther Morgan-Ellis
Collaborators, Interpreters, and Muses - Esther Morgan-Ellis
Notes on Each of the Hours - by Joseph Drew

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 am
#2 RE: KLANG book reply

EBAY says: No shipping to Germany. Can you change that?

ipar1306 Offline

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:48 pm
#3 RE: KLANG book reply

Same for Australia - no shipping.

Ulrich Offline

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am
#4 RE: KLANG book reply

Good news and very interesting themes. So I hope that soon it will be possible to get the book not only in the US. Please let us know!

phillyharp Offline

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:05 am
#5 RE: KLANG book reply

Hi All,
I have revised the listing to allow for international shipping. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:05 pm
#6 RE: KLANG book reply

Thank you very much. But - sorry - try again, please. Eaby says again: No Shipping to Germany!

phillyharp Offline

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:00 am
#7 RE: KLANG book reply

Hmm, my edit to add international shipping didn't save for whatever reason. Thanks for your patience, I've tried again and it seems to have worked, but please notify me if you have the same problem again and I'll try something different!

ipar1306 Offline

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 am
#8 RE: KLANG book reply

I continue to be unable to buy it, unfortunately. Although the page now says it ships worldwide, eBay does not allow me to enter an Australian address - it immediately changes the address back to the default USA. This may be an issue with eBay, following Amazon USA's decision to no longer deliver to Australia because of our government's tax laws. Is there any other way to purchase this other than through eBay?

phillyharp Offline

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 pm
#9 RE: KLANG book reply

Hi! Sorry you're still having troubles. I'm working on finding another service. Meanwhile, I made a different account to see if I could make it ship to Australia and did successfully set up an order, so possibly it's working now? Or maybe your "auto fill" settings are changing it back? I will let you know when the other website is set up.

phillyharp Offline

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 am
#10 RE: KLANG book reply

Ok, so since it's being such a hassle, anyone who wants a book can just email me your shipping address at ehharpist@gmail.com and I'll just send you a Paypal request for whatever the shipping ends up costing! Thanks!

pages 1 | 2
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software