You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 61 times
 Reviews of texts and concerts
Jerry Offline

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:45 am
Samstag aus Licht (Paris 2019) reply

Thanks to Robin Hartwell, I have been made aware of this video of last year's Paris production of Samstag aus Licht.
<https://live.philharmoniedeparis.fr/concert/1111564/?lang=en-US>
As far as I have seen (and speaking as someone who was present at the Milan premiere back in 1984), this is a wholly admirable production. No doubt there are details that the experts on this forum may take issue with, but I am surprised that it has not been linked here up until now.

Ed of Yarm Offline

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:29 am
#2 RE: Samstag aus Licht (Paris 2019) reply

I've managed to record the first 2 hours in tact, but having sound issues with the remaining 1hour 13, but have got there. The whole performance should be ready in 2 days (on dvd on memory card). Looks quite spectacular. Ed

ipar1306 Offline

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:23 am
#3 RE: Samstag aus Licht (Paris 2019) reply

I was fortunate to be able to attend both of the performances of this, as well as the General Rehearsal. The production really was outstanding, most especially the ABSCHIED which was, in the view of people who had also been at the premiere, possibly the best performance of it they had either heard or seen. The TANZ was similarly astonishing. I think there were a few musical problems here and there, no doubt exacerbate by the horrendous heat over that week (on of the choir fainted during the General Rehearsal of the ABSCHIED). I was hugely thrilled to have been there!

Regards,
Ian Parsons

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz