You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 4 replies
and has been read 238 times
 Works
soni Offline

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 pm
PROZESSION recordings reply

It seems that there are 2 recordings of PROZESSION featuring Stockhausen - the one on CD 11 from 1971 and one that is only available on vinyl from 1967. Has anyone tried both? Which one do you like the most?

ipar1306 Offline

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm
#2 RE: PROZESSION recordings reply

I have them both, and tend to prefer the later one, on CD ... but maybe that is in part because the sound on the vinyl recording is not so great (I bought it second-hand in a record store some years ago). But your post has inspired me to listen more closely to them both again and see if my thinking changes. Thank you for the prompt!

Jerry Offline

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:52 pm
#3 RE: PROZESSION recordings reply

There are actually three recordings by the Stockhausen ensemble. In addition to the Vox/CBS LP, there was an Italian issue of another take from the same recording session, issued as Vox Fratelli Fabbri Editiori mm-1098. Alas, I have never been able to track down a copy of this LP myself.

soni Offline

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:58 pm
#4 RE: PROZESSION recordings reply

@Jerry Hmm I searched a bit and found something promising: www discogs com/Karlheinz-Stockhausen-Prozession-Refrain/release/1267236 (can't post links yet). This looks like what you were searching for.

Jerry Offline

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:08 am
#5 RE: PROZESSION recordings reply

What do you know? Five copies for sale! Thanks for pointing this out!

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz