You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 31 replies
and has been read 1.820 times
 Works
pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ipar1306 Offline

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:25 am
#31 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

Just briefly, in relation to Lucifer as an atheist - I really just mean this in the sense that is mentioned in The Urantia Book, where in 'The Lucifer Manifesto' (section 3 of Paper 53 'The Lucifer Rebellion') it is claimed that Lucifer denied the existence of the 'Universal Father', dismissing him as 'a myth invented by the Paradise Sons'. This, of course, is also referred to in ARGUMENT in MICHAELs HEIMKEHR, where Lucifer sings to Michael, 'Und Du, Paradiessohn, läßt Dich als mein Nachfolger anbeten im Namen eines Universum-Vaters, den es nicht gibt.' I might here, however, be conflating 'the Universal Father' and 'God' more than is accurate in either The Urantia Book or in Stockhausen's thinking.

Ulrich Offline

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:59 pm
#32 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

Obviously there ist this strong biographical influence in Stockhausen's composing LICHT, epecially when we think of the flute. And the insertion of Francis of Assisi or the HELIKOPTER-Quartett - or the missing of the trumpet in MONDAY etc. I think it could be an interesting investigation: the relationship of the original concept of LICHT and how it was completed (or changed) by the encounters of Stockhausen's life. But in MICHAELS REISE the flute is already predominant with the Eve-formula.
Ian, you are right: The question of Lucifer's atheism is more complex indeed. And in the history of Christian thinking there an atheist theology also was present....

pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software