You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 13 replies
and has been read 1.057 times
 Works
pages 1 | 2
albanewmusic Offline

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:23 pm
#11 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

That is a great link Ian. Hope to see you in Basel!

ipar1306 Offline

Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 am
#12 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

I hope so! I will be there for both performances. You can recognise me by long unkempt hair and a tattoo of the symbol from MITTWOCH Aus LICHT on my arm!

Thatfabulousalien Offline

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:39 am
#13 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

Hi

The Licht formula really interests me, much like the Mantra formula.
I'm wondering if there is any recordings or midi's of the super-formula?
I'm aware of it being nearly directly embedded in Klavierstucke XIV but what I really want is to hear the formula in its natural form.

Thanks for any replies

ipar1306 Offline

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:02 pm
#14 RE: LICHT - LIGHT reply

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I know of no recording of the bare Superformula, but the closest to it being performed as is, as far as I'm aware, with each layer performed in full and synchronous with the other layers, is in the final round of the Space Sextet at the end of MICHAELION, the final scene of MITTWOCH aus LICHT. The music of that piece is also the basis of the separate piece BASSETSU TRIO, where you similarly hear the full Superformula. But even in these examples there is other music going on as well. I do not know of anywhere where it has been performed solely on its own.

Best wishes,
Ian

pages 1 | 2
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software