You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 78 times
 Concerts
paul-miller Offline

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:17 pm
Donnerstag in Paris -- April 27 and October 2 reply

Friends, wondering whether we can discuss the Paris performance of Donnerstag here. The link is here:

http://www.opera-comique.com/fr/saisons/...rstag-aus-licht

I'll be attending the show and hope to see some of you there!

ipar1306 Offline

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:38 am
#2 RE: Donnerstag in Paris -- April 27 and October 2 reply

Because I do not speak French, I had to rely on some online translators to understand this. Am I correct that these shows in 2017 are workshops where audience can come and watch early rehearsals of the performances that will eventually be staged in 2018? Or are they discussions, rather than rehearsals?

paul-miller Offline

Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:46 am
#3 RE: Donnerstag in Paris -- April 27 and October 2 reply

It looks like there will be a number of discussions and workshops around April 27. I'm not sure whether there will be a performance of the whole thing or not. Seems like this is a sort of experimental model of opera production, which involves the audience over a longer span of time than usual. It certainly seems as though it is a mode of production which is a bit off the beaten track. Wondering if there is more information about this whole thing!

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software