You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 150 times
 Works
ipar1306 Offline

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:10 pm
LICHT and Alice Bailey reply

As I have been spending time, now for the second time here in Kürten, studying Stockhausen's sketch material and background papers for LICHT, I notice how much references he notes to Alice Bailey's 'Treatise of the Seven Rays'. I notice these books are very difficult, and extremely expensive, to get, so I imagine I will never read them and, for all I know, maybe even Stockhausen read only summaries of them. But I would be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts on why there seems to be relatively little attention given to these texts in the commentary about LICHT? Just looking over the material that I can see in the Archives, there seems to me to be at least as much relevance to be drawn from from Alice Bailey in the symbolism of LICHT as from the Urantia Book (not to mention the plethora of other mythological sources that Stockhausen was interested in or drew from). I'm wondering why it has so relatively little attention in the commentary.

I'd be interested in any thoughts anyone has.

Many thanks,
Ian

Marcus Offline

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:37 pm
#2 RE: LICHT and Alice Bailey reply

For discussion purposes:

see all of Bailey's texts online (at least in German):

http://netnews.helloyou.ch/bkgr/toc.html

ipar1306 Offline

Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:29 pm
#3 RE: LICHT and Alice Bailey reply

Zitat von Marcus im Beitrag #2
For discussion purposes:

see all of Bailey's texts online (at least in German):

http://netnews.helloyou.ch/bkgr/toc.html

Thank you for this Marcus. I had no idea this was available.

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software