You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 354 times
 General Items
uatu Offline

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:31 pm
Stockhausen CD 105 and 106 Now available reply

Break out your Paypal accounts people, and celebrate. Two NEW Stockhausen CD's just came out:
CD 105: IN FREUNDSCHAFT (IN FRIENDSHIP) for oboe
LINKER AUGENTANZ (LEFT-EYE-DANCE) for saxophones, a percussionist
TAURUS for bassoon
TAURUS-QUINTETT (TAURUS-QUINTET) for tuba, trumpet, bassoon, horn, trombone
KAMEL-TANZ (CAMEL-DANCE) for bass, trombone, synthesizer
ROTARY-Bläserquintett (ROTARY Woodwind Quintet)

CD 106: MIXTUR 2003 for Ring Modulated Orchestra
Forward Version / Backward Version

http://www.stockhausencds.com/

I'm only slightly disappointed MENSCHEN HORT and KATIKATI didn't make the cut, but o/w pretty excited...

Jerry Offline

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 am
#2 RE: Stockhausen CD 105 and 106 Now available reply

I jumped right in and ordered these when they first showed up last week. Kathinka informs me there will be a slight delay, because they have not arrived yet from the factory, but they should be available soon. I was not aware that Katikati had been premiered yet, though that has not in the past always precluded a recording being made.

uatu Offline

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 pm
#3 RE: Stockhausen CD 105 and 106 Now available reply

I know she has been rehearsing it, and when I asked her if it was going to be on the next CD she said maybe if there's room, so I assumed it had been recorded. My feeling tho is that the list of CD releases for the last 8 years (and the next 8 probably) have all been pre-decided by KS before he died. It would be interesting to know how high it goes, if that were the case... CD 200? There's enough material I would guess, especially if one included recordings from the Kontarsky live electronics group and electronics-only versions of opera scenes.

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software