You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 0 replies
and has been read 162 times
 Works
uatu Offline

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 pm
Works based on the MITTWOCH (Wednesday) formula of LICHT reply

These 3 works form Number 73 in Stockhausen's list of works:

TRUMPETENT for 4 trumpeters (1995) [approx. 16 min.]
MITTWOCH-FORMEL (Wednesday Formula) for 3 percussionists (metal, wood and skin) (2004) [23'35"]
KLAVIERSTÜCK XVIII (Piano Piece 18) for electronic keyboard (synthesizer) (2004) [12'12"]

One of the things I like about the Stockhausen LICHT operas is that there are many derivations of scenes and elements from the operas. The fact that there were 27 years spent on a 29-hour opera cycle didn't prevent the composition of many chamber works, many of them more accessible than the operas themselves. This was a CD well spent (CD 79)!

http://stockhausenspace.blogspot.com/2015/03/trumpetent-mittwoch-formel-klavierstuck.html

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software