You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 14 replies
and has been read 1.900 times
 Concerts
pages 1 | 2
uatu Offline

Wed May 13, 2015 4:21 am
#11 RE: Concerts to come reply

Hell yeah, I hope Donnerstag will be the first of a full traversal, and then the whole enchilada in 2028. It will depend n how well Donnerstag is received i guess....

James Offline

Sun May 24, 2015 3:27 pm
#12 RE: Concerts to come reply

Zitat
We're still finalizing a lot of details on this, but the basic shape of it is in place. Been working on this for a while

Someone asks Joe .. how does a spectator get to all three venues? The Breuer building (the old Whitney, now replaced by a sterile and disappointing structure downtown in the meatpacking district) is only a 10-minute walk from the main museum. But the Cloisters is easily an hour's trip uptown on the M4 bus (or the A train, which is nowhere near the main building).

Joe Offline

Tue May 26, 2015 7:06 pm
#13 RE: Concerts to come reply

Yes, the M4 is the star of the show. The Cloisters is a real hike. I'm lobbying for air ship transports from the roof of the Met to Fort Tryon Park.

geocham Offline

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:32 pm
#14 RE: Concerts to come reply

Hello! just a quick note to say the soprano Rebecca Hardwick and I are touring IN THE SKY I AM WALKING in October/November - you may have seen on the Stockhausen website already! We're heading to Edinburgh, Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Oxford and London. We're off to Kürten next month to work on the piece with the original singers, and we can't wait.

It would be really lovely to see some of you during the tour. We're also singing some Cardew and a new work by Daniel Lewis Fardon. For more information on us, or the tour, please do visit our website at www.inthesky.co.uk

Look forward to chatting on here about the work and all things Stockhausen!

George

Ulrich Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm
#15 RE: Concerts to come reply

Great news - and a pity that you up to now (!) will not come to Germany. This song cycle is among my absolute favourites, and unforgettable some years ago at the Kürten courses the master class Helga Hamm and Karl Barkey taught about this piece; you will have the very best teachers, and both are still very enthusiastic themselves about IN THE SKY! So best wishes for this rewarding enterprise!

pages 1 | 2
CARRE  
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software