You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 1 reply
and has been read 36 times
 Concerts
Ellen dH Offline

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:37 am
Aus den Sieben Tagen in The Hague [NL] reply

Gareth Davis Group will perform Aus den Sieben Tagen in a 60 minutes performance during Rewire festival, LUTHERSE KERK, The Hague [NL], Saterday 18. September 2021, 22:15 - 23:15
I'm wondering how the hell that's done, while on CD it takes almost 7 hours!!

The festival-announcement:

Zitat
This site specific event reinvents this composition for the present by combining space, light and sound. The ensemble of performers reaches from all directions and includes electronic musician Robin Rimbaud - Scanner, Motorpsycho drummer Tomas Jarmyr, Gareth Davis (Merzbow, Christian Marclay), Roland Dahinden (Miles Davis, Anthony Braxton), Dario Calderone (Klangforum Wien), Agathe Max (Rhys Chatham, Animal Hospital) and Greek singer Anna Linardou. Along with lighting designer Vinny Jones, this eclectic lineup takes elements of experimental rock, improv, jazz and neue musik in creating a work that deals directly with the here and now.

Aus den Sieben Tage is so selden performed, and The Hague is so near to Rotterdam where I live (I can see the city from my desk at the 9th floor), that I decided to go, despite of my corona-fear...

Ulrich Offline

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:48 pm
#2 RE: Aus den Sieben Tagen in The Hague [NL] reply

I presume, the group will just perform one piece out of the collection of AUS DEN SIEBEN TAGEN. Otherwise it would be impossible and unresponsible!

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz