You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 107 times
 General Items
Christian Offline

Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 pm
Kraftwerk reply

Dear all,
some days ago Florian Schneider-Esleben died. He was a member of the famous German band Kraftwerk. In articels about Kraftwerk you can often read that they were influnced by Stockhausen. But is this more than a myth? Did Stockhuase ever met one of the Kraftwerk members? Does somebody know something about this?

Jan R. Offline

Sat May 16, 2020 9:42 pm
#2 RE: Kraftwerk reply

All Kraftwerk members, especially Karl Bartos, were well aware of Stockhausen's music, and I'm sure they were influenced by what he did. But his influence was indirect; there's nothing in Kraftwerk's music you could put your finger on and say: Here, this is clearly a result of Stockhausen's influence. Stockhausen, as far as I know, on the other hand criticized Kraftwerk for using the latest and best possible equipment but only use it in a simple way, without delving deeper to find out what else would be possible with it.

Karl Bartos' autobiography might be an interesting read for you.

Ed of Yarm Offline

Mon May 18, 2020 12:54 am
#3 RE: Kraftwerk reply

In the BBC Radio 3 series "The Technocrats" Holger Czukay of Can said that they used the very same studio, in the evening/night, that KH had used during the day. I'm pretty sure all the electro-groups at the time (Can Kraftwerk Tangerine Dream) would have been speaking to each other.

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz