You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 0 replies
and has been read 195 times
 General Items
ipar1306 Offline

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Happy 2020 to the Stockhausenversum! reply

Dear all,

As 2019 is in its final couple hours here in Australia, I thought I would just write a brief "Happy New Year" message to all my fellow forum members. While we haven't all been all that active this year on the forum, it has been nice being able to make what connections we have, and nice knowing that the community continues to be there.

It has been a quite big year for Stockhausen's music - with Aus LICHT in Amsterdam (still, for me, one of the two or three most profound experiences of my life), SAMSTAG aus LICHT in Paris, DONNERSTAG aus LICHT in London, the courses and concerts in Kürten, and of course all the other performances that have popped up around the world. Even if things are sometimes not quite as we would all want them to be, it has been good to see such widespread enthusiasm for keeping the music alive, and so many new people wanting to come to know the music - whether as performers or audiences. I hope we can all continue to contribute whatever we can, in whatever capacity we engage with Stockhausen's music, into 2020 and beyond.

I am especially thankful to the Stockhausen Foundation for their tireless work in keeping the music going, and in being so embracing of others who seek to discover it. We owe them so much.

But also we, who are part of this forum, have been part of that process too, in a way - the love we have for Stockhausen's music, and our eagerness to keep it thriving and spreading, is so vital and I believe we must always realise the value of continuing to nurture that in ourselves and each other, even when we see things differently and from different angles.

Thank you so much to Thomas for continuing to maintain this forum. It has such an important role to play and, even when it is a little quieter, I am so glad it is there as a resource to return to.

Let's all work hard to keep it going in 2020 and to again fostering lively, thoughtful, respectful, and passionate discussion about this music that we love so much.

Happy New Year everyone!

Ian Parsons

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz