You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 2 replies
and has been read 72 times
 Reviews of texts and concerts
Ulrich Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:15 pm
The Weimar Ensemble for Intuitive Music reply

Yesterday I attended in a Berlin church a lecture-concert with the Weimar Ensemble for Intuitive Music. This concert belonged to a series of events to celebrate 30 years of peaceful revolution in the German Democratic Republic. Michael von Hintzenstern, who lived in the Communist part of Germany, spoke about his contact to Stockhausen, who then was outlawed in Eastern Germany. He and his brother became fans of Stockhausen's music, when they still were schoolboys, and in 1970, at the age of 14, he made contact with the master. Six years later he was awarded for a composition of his by Boswil foundation in Switzerland and astonishingly was allowed from his government to go there for 3 month. On the way to Switzerland he went to Kürten and met Stockhausen personally; he spoke about the overwhelming generosity of Stockhausen. In 1980 he together with his brother and two other friends founded his ensemble from this time on they still are together; an amazing fact. Up to now their first task was to perform Stockhausen's works for intuitive music that are gathered in two collections: AUS DEN SIEBEN TAGEN (1968) and FÜR KOMMENDE ZEITEN (1970) but that by far is not the only repertoire! Stockhausen himself two times worked extensively with the musicians in the 90s und in 2005, and a series of CDs appeared.
All these informations were very interesting and revealing. But the most important part of the evening was the music. The ensemble performed 4 works from both collections. For me it was a unique experience: without any extraordinary or spectacular attitude, really close to Stockhausen's texts and therefore in a way simple, but not without surprising moments, and, above all, touching pure beauty. Classical interpretations! I wished one could listen far more often to them they are invited with this repertoire internationally, and that should go on. They have an enormous experience and belong to the nowadays not many musicians who have worked with Stockhausen himself and that makes a difference, for sure not always, but in this case indeed! You can get information about the ensemble on the website of Hans Tutschku: www.tutschku.com/efim

Ellen Offline

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:21 am
#2 RE: The Weimar Ensemble for Intuitive Music reply

Thanks you for this description of this event! I remember the brothers Von Hintzenstern used to organize a workshop Intuitive Music in Kürten, a couple of years ago. By that time I was not ready for it. I hope they will come back in Kürten someday.
Anyone ever attended their Festival Tage Neuer Musik in Weimar, which normally seems to take place in Oktober?

ipar1306 Offline

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:29 am
#3 RE: The Weimar Ensemble for Intuitive Music reply

Many thanks Thomas. This would have been a wonderful event to have attended - both to hear this story and, especially, to hear their interpretations and how they have grown over so many years. Like you say, what an amazing fact to have stayed together all this time!

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz