You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 0 replies
and has been read 110 times
 General Items
Thatfabulousalien Offline

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:50 am
Stockhausen in context of Edgard Varese reply

One of the things I've been thinking about is how aesthetically and conceptually how Karlheinz's music connects to Varese.
We all know the impact Varese, Messiaen and especially Webern had on Darmstadt but my question goes more to the stylistic and the theoretical here.

I do hear timbral and technical connections in some of Stockhausen's work, but Stockhausen's music isn't as abrasive (however much I worship Varese) as Varese's music.

Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software