You're not registered yet. Click here to register. Credits 
Karlheinz Stockhausen - a platform to discuss his works, to anounce forthcoming concerts and to review them.
You can register here for free.
This topic has 23 replies
and has been read 940 times
 Works
pages 1 | 2 | 3
uatu Offline

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:15 am
#21 RE: ALPHABET for Liège, AM HIMMEL WANDRE ICH reply

I'm going to have to make a list...

Actually one of these days I'm just going to get an aprtment in Kurten and then properly transcribe every sketch like they've done with Beethoven's sketches. That would be a good project. Of course it would also be nice to get paid for something like that.

ipar1306 Online

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 am
#22 RE: ALPHABET for Liège, AM HIMMEL WANDRE ICH reply

Kathinka mentions this very issue in my interview with her, Ed ... she notes that to transcribe all of Stockhausen's sketches would take two to three lifetimes!

geocham Offline

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:26 pm
#23 RE: ALPHABET for Liège, AM HIMMEL WANDRE ICH reply

Hello all,

For my first post here, I'm very excited to say I will be performing "In the sky I am walking..." on a mini UK tour. It's the first Stockhausen work that i've really put my heart and soul into and I can't wait to go to Kürten to work on the piece with Helga Hamm-Albrecht and Karl Barkey (the original singers) in September. I'm working with a great soprano, Rebecca Hardwick, and we're spending a lot of time cross-legged on a rug going through the intricacies of this splendid piece!

Thanks for your post about this and ALPHABET, truly fascinating.

Look forward to hearing from (and maybe seeing?!) some of you! Our tour information is at www.inthesky.co.uk if you want to find out any more!

George

uatu Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:30 am
#24 RE: ALPHABET for Liège, AM HIMMEL WANDRE ICH reply

Glad you liked the post, Kathinka told me she was sending you the link! Good luck with your performance, it sounds great, I hope you get a good video out of it! Sadly I'm not quite in the vicinity of your performances... (NYC)

pages 1 | 2 | 3
 Jump  
I feel that it could be useful to have a discussion-forum on the music of Stockhausen. There are so many people from all over the world, young and old, learned and eager to get into contact with this musical world: musicologists, composers, musicians, music lovers; people who plan concerts - who write books or have to give lectures and so on. So there should be much stuff, many ideas that we can share. And when we have open questions, there may be people who studied just that and could give a hint or a stimulus. A problem might be the English language, but i feel that is the only possibility that many people who are interested can participate. And we can exercise tolerance to mistakes! Thomas Ulrich
Xobor Xobor Community Software